ADA Committee Schedule Minutes & Agendas Code of Ordinances Feedback Phone / Email Search

How to Make Address Changes

Property addresses and Billing addresses are handled through Dane County Property Listing. When a property is transferred (bought & sold), normal documents submitted to the Register of Deeds should automatically update the billing address.

If the billing address is incorrect, you have the following 2 options:

1. Contact Municipal Clerk or Treasurer

Your local Clerk can help with a billing address update. Contact the clerk where you live, they can submit an electronic update online for you. You can find their contact information here: The Official Dane County Directory

2. Direct Owner Requests

Requests made by the property owner to update a billing address will need to be made in writing to:
Dane County Planning & Development
Attention:Property Listing
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Room 116
Madison WI 53703

Please include:

  • Your name and contact information (including phone number)
  • The old billing address
  • The new billing address
  • The affected parcel numbers

E-mail requests with all the above information will also be accepted if addressed to

How Do I Find My Parcel Number?

Your parcel number is included on your property tax bill. Another way to find it is by doing a Parcel Search on the AccessDane website. Choose a search method, enter appropriate information and the search results page will show your parcel number.